Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WINDOWS 7 takes more than half an hour to boot. How to fix?

I have a Pentium Dual Core E5200 2.50GHz, 2gb RAM and running windows 7 x86 Ultimate

I recently changed my power supply. Could it be the cause of it?

I also have a multiboot system. Windows XP boots normally.

I also reinstalled my Windows 7 from scratch. Even booting the Windows 7 disk takes a long timeWINDOWS 7 takes more than half an hour to boot. How to fix?
Hard drive dead/dying.

Either that or faulty RAM.



Run memtest86+ and Seagate's SeaTools HDD surface scan.WINDOWS 7 takes more than half an hour to boot. How to fix?
It could be from the multiboot system, but you should have noticed when it started to boot so long.WINDOWS 7 takes more than half an hour to boot. How to fix?
your best bet is to throw it in the garbage and buy a macWINDOWS 7 takes more than half an hour to boot. How to fix?
If the power supply was the cause, Windows XP would get trouble also.



Check the spare amount of the partition where you have Windows 7. I think that partition is too small to install and run Windows 7. You must get more space in your partition available for Windows 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment