Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Computer won't cut on after I upgraded it. Please Help...?

I have a amd 3800 cpu, my mother board is a nvidia 6100 chipset, it was 512 megs ram, video card came on chipset and shared the memory with my ram. It was Vista Premium. Ecery thing worked, but I wanted to continue upgrading. So I installed 2 gigs ram, running dual channel, and I made my exsisting mother board a 3800 dual core, and added a 250 gig hd, up until then every thing was working with optimal performance, I just needed a better video card, so I went with the nvidia 7300 gt 256 mg. I turn the computer on it works, cut it off and after that it never came back on. I assumed it needed more power after all the upgrades, so I changed the power supply, still no fix, so I try reverting back to the original setup, I take out the video card, new hd, and even the added ram, still won't come on. Is it my mother board? If I have to change my mother board, then how will I use the product key from my vista disk, isn't it set to my original mother board? Please help.Computer won%26039;t cut on after I upgraded it. Please Help...?
The power supply seems to be detecting an overload condition on one of the power rails. Try running PC w/ bare minimum devices, that is, detached HDD, ODD, FDD and just 1 stick RAM. If it turns on, you could only get as far as BIOS. Shutdown, reattach HDD only then turn ON PC again. You should be able to load Windows. Continue reattaching devices until you pinpoint the device that is causing the overload.



If PC won't turn ON w/ minimum devices, inspect the processor heatsink. Make sure the base or any metallic part is not touching anything on the motherboard. Also try dismounting the motherboard and power ON the PC w/ motherboard not touching anything %26quot;electrically%26quot; in the case.



If this does not work out, your motherboard could be defective and you may have to contact Microsoft so that you could transfer your OS license to your replacement set up.Computer won%26039;t cut on after I upgraded it. Please Help...?
i would try resetting cmos and check over ur bios settings after loading defaults ...Computer won%26039;t cut on after I upgraded it. Please Help...?
like person above stated it seems problem is in current BIOs settings...i would go and read README.TXT and read mobo manual and before i do anything else. It seems like mobo is not able to support your configuration. what comes to Vista, one you have solve mobo problem you will have vista loaded. but i wouldn't jump into vista bandwagon i would stick with XP pro for now.Computer won%26039;t cut on after I upgraded it. Please Help...?
Sounds like you may have left out the thermal compound when you put the cpu on the new motherboard.Computer won%26039;t cut on after I upgraded it. Please Help...?
well long shot! but find your bios reset inside on your mobo.. them change the jumper to the reset, if its on 1and2 - then 2 and 3 is reset...take the battery out by depressing the side pin, now let stand for 10min...before you start unplug power...................................?reinstall battery and pin back to its orig place ....good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment