Thursday, November 18, 2010

How often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?

I baught an HP desktop computer back in early 2006. Im wondering if i need to change the power supply box inside the case and how often should i do this?



What should take into consideration as i go about this. Sould i change the CPU fan while im at this or is this too trivial?



The reason i ask is cos i baught my computer from a compUSA store (which shut down the following year) and i have no way to return my computer for maintainace /repairs so i have to do it myself where i can and I have a working understanding of desktop computers both hardware and software.How often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?
If its not broke don't fix it.



wdwHow often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?
I only replace the power supply when it shows signs of failure or I install hardware that needs more power than what i have.



Fans get changed when they start making noise or don't appear to be working properly. The only routine maintenance I do is clean the inside of the computer and all the fans once a month or two to get the dust out. I use a can of dust-off and a vacuum usually. The fans will last much longer if you keep them clean.How often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?
when there is not enough juice or it dies.



if you plan on upgrading anything you should do everything at once since you'll be taking stuff out anyways.How often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?
No you do not. It has fuse/overload protection built it so it should last 10 years or more. Now if the cooling fan fails... that's a different story.How often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?
your powersupply should be find, hp uses good parts for oem.

if you are changing your video or adding drives that yes by all means change the psw. but it the unit is as the way you got it.

do not worry, less you have an issue. since comp usa is not with the doe doe bird, I would contact hp to see if that powersupply is proprietary or if you can get a standard atx power supply.How often should i change the power supply on my desktop PC?
It's not something that needs to be done on any kind of regular basis. Being an HP, you'll have to buy a PSU from HP or one of their resellers in your area if it ever does fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment