Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Help with video card upgrade?

I am going to upgrade my video card and I want to know if I can keep the same power supply. Currently have a Geforce FX5200 128MB 32-bit ,and I am thinking of replacing it with a HIS Radeon9250 128MB 64-bit. So the question is can I swap them out with out having to change the power supply. If not can some one recommend a card that I can upgrade to with out changing power supply.



Im not sure what power supply I have (watts) and would appreciate if some one could tell me how to figure it out.Help with video card upgrade?
Rule of thumb is minimum 350-400 watts for a single card.... 500+ watts for SLI. Im running an EVGA NVidia based 9800GTX 512mb 675mhz GPU 1100mhz ram - dual channel (yes, card has dual gpu and dual ram banks)and the 3d marks are out of this world. One step up from that is the GTX series of NVidia cards, though the 9800 series is so close in performance I dont see the higher cost as any benefit. BTW, in benching tests, NVidia cards are by far the better choice over Radeon in all graphics capability catagories. Check out www.tigerdirect.com and search EVGA under video cards.





check out vid cards at www.tigerdirect.com and look up EVGA

No comments:

Post a Comment