Thursday, November 18, 2010

Help... changing power supply on dell computer?

I just got a new dell computer as a gift... quad core i7 with 6 gb of ram... the system only comes with a 360 watt PSU. everyone keeps telling me that I will need to upgrade the PSU and the graphics card to run the kind of games I want and to fully enjoy the blue-ray player and other video options. problem is that I have no idea: (1) what watt PSU I should get; (2) what brands of PSU's are good; (3) how the hell to install the PSU; (4) whether I need separate or additional cooling for the new PSU; (5) if there is anything I need to be aware of to make sure the PSU is compatible with my system, components and computer case; and (6) if the new PSU will f-up any of my other components or systems. can anyone offer some helpful advice please? thanks.Help... changing power supply on dell computer?
get a more powerful PSU, any brand would do, but make sure it can fit in Dell's casing. They are usually different from others. As for Graphic Cards, just buy it will the PSU.Help... changing power supply on dell computer?
bingo,you need first to mach compatibility and price.quality can get you far but having something left for the memory may be a good choice.you can get the basics from dell and find out your main options.newegg.com has a lot to offer even if your just shopping.type in your info and it will find a lot of choices.

And yes you can void a warranty if its not aproved by dellHelp... changing power supply on dell computer?
the best advice will be from dell, just remember that if you open your comp. to do any changes it will void the warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment