Thursday, November 18, 2010

How can I change the power supply on my pc?

i got a Gateway DX4720-03 and i need to change the video card ...i was thinkin of nvidia 9800gt but the 512mb one is more expensive than the 1gig :l anyways answer that if u can..to the real question...can i change the power suply on my pc...if so does bestbuy do this?both video card and power suplyHow can I change the power supply on my pc?
You should be able to change ur PSU.



I would not purchase it at bestbuy as they will rip you off (most likely). They would install it for you (The Geeksquad department for a fee) You can always install it yourself. Most of the plugs are self explanitory. If are not experienced with computers, here's a tip, note down every plug you yank out (just write it down each one where you unplug from the mobo, hard drive etc)



Try www.newegg.com



I have purchased this recently and there is 79.99 after a 20 dollar rebate



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asHow can I change the power supply on my pc?
if that card is compatible with your motherboard then all you do is take out the screw holding it on then pull it out of the slot and put the new one in. Its about as easy as you can possible get! and the power supply is about as easy but you have to make sure the main wires to your motherboard are compatible with the connections there, which it should be if the computer is a recent one. Then you unplug the power connections to the motherboard and everything else, unscrew the screws holding the power supply to the frame, slide it out, slide the new one in, put in the screws to hold it on, plug the wires where they are supposed to go, and then it works! Just get a power supply that supplies a little more power so you can plug more stuff in! Its reeeeeally simple!How can I change the power supply on my pc?
Checking out your specs these are the upgrades for your model:

(Yes Best Buy or Frys can update your system)



Power Supply 300 W / 400 W / 500 W:

http://shop3.outpost.com/search?search_t



System Memory1 Up to 4 GB of DDR2 667/800 MHz SDRAM (two DIMMs):

http://shop3.frys.com/%7BwbAENuHUbMYuUPV



nvidia 9800gt:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_gef



Hard Drive Serial ATA hard disk up to 1 TB1 per 3.5-inch drive:

http://shop3.frys.com/search?cat=-48956%26amp;How can I change the power supply on my pc?
You can change the power supply, Yes. I dont know if best buy does this, but maybe geek squad can do it for you.How can I change the power supply on my pc?
its just some screws, take them out your self and mount your new one, and make sure to connect everything backHow can I change the power supply on my pc?
It's a good thing that the 512 is more expensive than 1 GB model!

U can get a powerful graphic card with 1 GB at cheaper price.Forget about the 512 model.



In order to remove the power supply:

-Look at the back of ur casing

-ur old power supply must at the top.(near the power cord)

-u will see some screws which maintain it.

-Use a screw driver to remove the screws.

-Pull the old power supply out.

-put the new one in the same place as the old

-Use the screw driver again.



U can do this process by yourself.No need to be computer literate!



Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment