Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Graphics card, EVGA nVidia GeForce GT240 1 GB DDR5?

I purchased a new Dell Studio XPS 8100 desktop a few months ago and decided to upgrade my graphics card to play games in higher settings and more smoothly. I run on an i5 3.2 ghz processor, currently with a 512 gb DDR3 graphics card (how weak %26gt;%26lt;) and 3 GB DDR3 RAM. My power supply is 350 watts. The card apparently requires a 300 watt ps. I was looking for a budget video card, preferably 1 GB DDR5 and came across this card. I know it's a GT240, so it's pretty old. But there were no reviews on Amazon and three on tigerdirect.com which state that it was a decent card for the price yet one states that a 450 watt ps may not be enough. The 512 mb DDR5 version of this card had many positive reviews.

Anyway, has anyone else used this card? Mind sharing your experience with me or giving me any advice?

Any other budget cards available for a 350 watt power supply? Changing my power supply would be my last resort.

Thanks!



Links:



http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-nVidia-GeForc



http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/

No comments:

Post a Comment