Thursday, November 18, 2010

How do I change my power supply on my dell xps gen 4?

I can't for the life for me figure out how to take the power supply out, what am I missing? I can't find any screws that are holding it in but obviously there must be. Anyone know anything about dell xps gen 4's?How do I change my power supply on my dell xps gen 4?
Hello,



You must first unplug all the wires relating to the PSU inside the computer, once you have done this lay down your computer if you havent already, and look at the back of your computer case around where the PSU is located. You will find a bunch of screws usually 4 around edges of the PSU, just unscrew these and your PSU should become free, you may also have to slide the PSU or give it a pull.



You may also need to look inside the case and take of the oposite side panel, and check for internal screws inside the case which hold the PSU inplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment