Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Trying to make my computer better, give me some opinions?

Hi I bought my computer a couple of months ago and so far I am happy with it(not extremely happy, but %26quot;ok%26quot; happy) so I want to make my computer a lot better, I want to use its full capacity, so can you guys give me some opinions on how to make it better?

-this is the computer I have:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113059

-I've already installed a 9800gt graphic card and a wireless PCI adapter

-I am going to change its power supply with this one - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817255010 - is that a good power supply for my pc, and is it going to %26quot;fit%26quot;?

-Do you guys have any more opinions to make my pc better? thanks for you help anyways =DTrying to make my computer better, give me some opinions?
Power Requirements:

9800 GT models

Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply.

(Minimum +12 Volt current rating of 26 amps)

An available 6-pin PCI Express power dongles



There is no 6-pin PCI Express line from that power supply. I would buy a better power supply.Trying to make my computer better, give me some opinions?
If you're running Windows Vista, A way to speed it up would be to run MSCONFIG from the RUN box at the bottom of the start menu and turn off most of the startup items. Vista comes CLOGGED with ram-sucking swill out of the box. if you disable the unnecessary startup items and services you'll see a performance increase.



And YES, that power supply would fit but I don't see the power supply making a dramatic difference in your machine.Trying to make my computer better, give me some opinions?
Hey your on the right track, your power supply will work and once you've done that you've pretty much reached the top of what you can do for you computer, you'll be successfully be using it at full capacity like you wanted.Trying to make my computer better, give me some opinions?
Get an alienware case,

and buy this keyboard http://arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.a



its the ultimate keyboard, you can rearrange all the keys, it comes in full LED lights, and each button can be animated.
  • reptiles
  • web development
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment