Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How come my AMD Athlon 64 won't start at all? It has no sound and it is completely dead...?

I built it about 1 and half yrs ago...I normally leave my computer on all the time, but this time when came home and found out that my PC was already turned off. The problem is that it will not come back on. Normally, I would push the soft button in front to get it started, but this time it wont do it...no lights and no sound..completely dead... I even changed my power supply ...same problem...and didn't do anything different...there is no bad smell because I though may be something blewup...it can't be power supply since I have chnged it and then tried it at different outlets...please help...How come my AMD Athlon 64 won%26039;t start at all? It has no sound and it is completely dead...?
If absolutely nothing happens... no beeps, no nothing... then your motherboard is probably dead. If it were anything but the board, then it should at least beep. If it does beep, then get your motherboard manual to look up the meaning of the beep code. That will give you some insight as to what is broken.



I suppose it could be the power switch. If it isn't, then definately the mobo.



EDIT: After seeing that your USB devices died, I'm going for the motherboard. Definately.How come my AMD Athlon 64 won%26039;t start at all? It has no sound and it is completely dead...?
change the power switchHow come my AMD Athlon 64 won%26039;t start at all? It has no sound and it is completely dead...?
koalatcomics answer is the correct one. Most likely, since you leave your computer on all the time, the switch is dirty and is not functioning as a switch anymore.



The power switches in most electronic devices are now self cleaning. If you don't use them, they will become corroded and then fail. Either replace, or if you are handy, clean the switch.
  • Name for a kitten
  • Comforters
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment