Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Low Profile Graphics Card Question?

I am looking into buying the EVGA GeForce 6200 256MB PCI Graphics Card. It is low-profile, but I am wondering if it comes with a low profile bracket or if I will have to buy one. My computer is the Dell Inspiron 531s. I know it has a PCI-E slot, but I don't want to change my power supply.



When I get a low profile bracket, how will I go about putting it on the card even though I will only be using the DVI port. It looks as if the low profile bracket will block out the VGA port, or the end of the bracket will be over top of the VGA port. Will this cause any problems? Do they even make a low - profile bracket for the 6200 256MB?



Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!Low Profile Graphics Card Question?
Yes, seriously, listen to him. The 6200 is a low end 6 series card. You will have a problem running games from even year 2000 on max graphics =/



You can purchase a decent psu for cheap. I love my Orion hp585. Google that. like $25 and its 580w. Powers my 8800gt. Don't settle for a PCI card just because it's easy or cheap. PCI isnt really made for graphics, agp slots were. then 8x agp. then pci-express. A 6200 PCI card won't be an upgrade at all...Low Profile Graphics Card Question?
Most modern games cant even played on 6200 they need at minimun 6600.......and that is minimum....get a 8600gt 256mb...i have it and it is great....it run s about 75 bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment