Thursday, September 22, 2011

Whats the most effective way to get Dell Studio XPS with i7 920 to run with tri channel memory?

So I bought a Sudio XPS with the i7 processor, but it turns out that I might be running in Dual channel instead of tri channel? It came with four sticks of 4Gb ram. Should I buy 3 2gb sticks and use 3 of the 1gb sticks? I wouldnt mind doing this, but I read that you will be limited to the slowest rams (1066 for the 1gb sticks) so even if I get good 2gb sticks they would be hamperd by the 1gb sticks. Would that mean I would have to get 6 2gb sticks (which is pretty costly!) to run true Tri channel ram at 1333 mhz?



Also this computer is pretty loud how do I get it to run a little quieter. I plan on chaning the power supply, should I consider changing the fan? If so which one should I get for my system?



Thanks!Whats the most effective way to get Dell Studio XPS with i7 920 to run with tri channel memory?
I dont really know the answer to first part, but I have a Studio MT and the fan was bit noisy and i needed to update the PSU and when i did it was much quiet. I got 500W PSU from PC Power and Cooling, I really trust them and their pruducts

No comments:

Post a Comment