Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can all internal changes made to a xbox 360 get your gamertag or console banned?

At the moment I have an xbox 360 elite I bought from a third party that's suffering from error E74.

Ap-on taking off the face plate I learned that my elite had a problem previous to the one im having now and had been opened and fixed once before. Basically my warranty with microsoft is gone. Ive heard getting a 360 fixed that hasn't been opened that's not in warranty costs about 100$ and getting a 360 fixed that has been opened is around 200$. Anyway after getting the 360 fixed whether by microsoft, a third party, or trying to fix it myself Im looking to mod it. I wanted to add a window, some aftermarket fans, LEDs, and maybe a dvd drive where you can see the games spinning while in the console, and lastly maybe some x-clamps that are supposed to fix the red ring of death problem. I do not want to add a mod chip or anything like that to be able to play illegal games. While researching some of these changes I learned alot and heard alot of different things. For example I heard that most issues with the xbox 360 come from overheating. I learned that the stock exhaust fans run at 5v. Im looking to get the Talismoon Whisper Max fans that have a nitro switch that allows them to run at 12v(and also have LEDs you can manually change to different colors or turn off). I looked up how people install some these mods and saw that people draw power from places like the dvd drive power supply.





Bottom line I heard things like microsoft can detect these changes due to the power of your console.

Is it possible that microsoft can detect these changes,possibly getting my gamertag banned or my console banned from access to xbox live?









P.S. a friend of mine had installed a modchip in his xbox 360 allowing him to play illegal games. Microsoft detected it(I think because he didnt have the correct firmware),and they banned his xbox 360 from xbox live access. They didnt mess with his gamertag,he later recovered it on another console before buying a new one. Is it possible for the same thing to happen to me?





Looking for help espcially if you have or know someone with a modded 360 or even knows how to mod one.Can all internal changes made to a xbox 360 get your gamertag or console banned?
No it's not possible for microsoft to detect these changes due to the fact that they cannot simply scan your console for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment