Thursday, September 22, 2011

How do I overclock my CPU????? HELP!!!!!!!

I have a P4 506 running at 2676 MHz. 1 GB of DDR RAM. i want to overclock it to 3200 MHz. i do not want to change my cooling system or power supply (400 W) i run XP. also, i don't want to go to BIOS. i want to do it from the desktop.



What are the advantages?

Will my processor get damaged in the process?

HELP!!!!!!How do I overclock my CPU????? HELP!!!!!!!
you have to make sure your PC has good enough cooling.

you will have to go to bios unless you get a program



http://www.wikihow.com/Overclock-a-PCHow do I overclock my CPU????? HELP!!!!!!!
as the author of the previous answer wrote, you have to do it from the Setup of the motherboard, unless you have a special software to do this.

But I'd like to add that it is not a good idea in the first place, unless you're doing it on the short run, to be able to run a demanding application.

On the long run, overclocking a CPU will eventually cut its lifespan to half.



:)How do I overclock my CPU????? HELP!!!!!!!
%26quot;i do not want to change my cooling system or power supply (400 W) i run XP. also, i don't want to go to BIOS. i want to do it from the desktop. %26quot;



That much tweaking would call for a review of your own cooling system because if it were not up to par would cause damage. Power supply usually need no change.



No BIOS but on desktop you need to find tweaking program, I only knew nTune for nForces boards, else you do have to go to BIOS.



Not much in terms of advantages, some processing benefits like an encoding is becoming faster but for games this is the wrong place to concentrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment