Thursday, September 22, 2011

My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?

It is around 5 years old with a Athlon 1800 processor. I get a blue screen with a bad pool caller message and at the bottom a great long technical message. I have changed the hard disc and also the power supply unit but it is better but still not right - the cpu tempeature is 55 degress which should be fine so has anyone any ideas how I can narrow down what the problem might be, remember it seems to be worse when it is warmer?My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
As your computer is getting hotter, the seating of a card or the memory might be not as good because everything is expanding.



Make sure everything on the motherboard is firmly seated.



Good luck.My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
yea its overheating make sure dust if free from the case so air can flow freelyMy PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
At five years old it wouldn't be unheard of for it to be component failure. Could be the graphics card (this is what usually causes crashes for me) or the CPU, or even something as seemingly unlikely as the sound card.



What are you doing when it crashes? If you're playing games it points to the graphics or CPU playing up, if, like me, you're doing lots of things at once (watching a video, browsing several thousand web pages at once in separate tabs, and running bittorrent) then it could be the RAM giving up the ghost.



There's so many things it could be, but for now if its not causing too much bother just ignore it.



Also, the hot weather of summer doesn't help - try opening the case, and use an aerosol compressed air can to blow all the dust away from the internals.My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
I have learned that blue screen means that it is time to call the professionals.

May as well do it sooner rather than later.

It will only get worse.

Best of luck!My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
i believe if you look at the temp in your pc health status it's in centigrade which if it is that's a bit too warm try opening the case and giving it a good cleaning with some canned air and then checking that all the fans are in fact working. you might want to upgrade your fan on the processor and add 1 or 2 to the case. plus make sure its in a well ventilated location not one of those desks with the closed compartment for the tower. i have one of those desks and i put my tower in the space where your legs go much more airflow there plus it keeps my feet warm in winter.My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
have you checked the fanMy PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
Unplug it all, take off the covers and give the heat sink and all the fans a good clean, if you are not sure what to do find some one that does before it over heats too much and dies for ever.My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
this is a common problem rob,so dont get too over worried

the blue screen of death is probally due to a few reasons

1)the c.p.u is getting too hot,like the previous answer said,use compressed air in a can and blast the dust from the c.p.u fan,also invest i a rear chassis fan(around 拢8),this will help with internal cooloing

2)the graphic card may be overheating,check the fan on the card,again blast it with air,and check to see the fan is functional,,check the card is correctly seated and inserted

3)maybe a new cpu fan would help,your socket is %26quot;socket A%26quot; so a appropriate cpu fan should be purchased,the 1U Akasa All Copper Active cooler for AMD Socket A,(http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductIn and the NorthQ 3390 Slim Line Media Center Cooler(http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductIn 2 good cpu coolers

also try leaving the case open(make sure you don have pets who can crawl inside) or even upgrade your case,a good choice is the Coolermaster RC-330 Elite Black Midi Tower Case w/o PSU (http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductIn a cheap case with plenty of ventelation potential,its got a side fan and a rear fan,and being madw by coolmaster you know its built by experts

the reason your p.c is getting hot is due to lack of ventelation so by increasing the ventelation hopefully we can stop the crashes

it may however be the c.p.u so try using a new socket A cpu,they are quite cheap now,considering their age,

good luck mate!My PC keeps crashing and I get a blue screen message but it seems to be when it is hot - any iodeas?
well the blue screen might be the blue screen of death



it might mean that bad drive!!
  • cryptoapi vs capicom
  • ittwit
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment