Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?

Especially in Battlefield 2142 and World of Warcraft, my computer reboots itself or locks up after about 10 minutes of game play. I also cannot view any video clips or movies whatsoever. I've downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, and changed out the power supply but it's still doing it. I've also tested to make sure the RAM and video cards were operating correctly, which they are. Any advice I can get on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, because the tech support of the manufacturer is next to useless and so is my Christmas present =(.



Specs:

OS: XP Pro X64

Mobo: (Socket AM2)ABIT KN9 SLI nForce 570 SLI MCP Chipset

DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,%26amp;7.1Audio

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon(TM)64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

HD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel

Video: 2 Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT 512mb 16X cards in SLI

Power supply: 800 W

7 case fansWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
If your computer is not working properly while you are working on it, it could be a problem with device drivers, hardware or software.

Detailed instructions at http://tinyurl.com/yk5zprWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
it could be because you have spyware which needs a lot ram so they force your pc to reboot in an attempt to secure more ram.



This isn't much of a solution but when random stuff happens to my pc i reinstall it completelyWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
Could be a virus....run scans on your harddrive. Make sure its the updated anti-virus software...if you dont have...AVG provides it for free..go google it up if u need it



Could be due to pirated gamesWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
your computer should handle anything you throw at it(even if it had spyware) iwould suspect over heating, processor, chipset or maybe bad mem chip, did you down load the amd dualcore patch andin the device mgr did you click the comp icon at the top and set it for multi-processors

No comments:

Post a Comment