Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's the reason for this peculiar problem of my Computer's UPS?

Asking this question repeatedly from the last 15-20 days. So far not successful in solving this problem. Please help.



My UPS stops working for a second when ever the power is cut and then starts working but the damage has been done.



I have just replaced the battery of my UPS but when the power is cut, the computer (sometimes) shuts down for a second and then restarts but it already causes the problem because I lose all the data.



I am from India %26amp; have the best available UPS connected to my IBM Think Centre desktop %26amp; 15%26quot; TFT monitor.



Please note that it happens sometimes and not always.



I have already taken these measures:-



a) I have replaced the old batteries of UPS just recently by new and genuine ones.

b) Tried changing the power output point (from where UPS takes power supply.

c) Have verifyied my UPS by installing UPS of my friend, the problem remains.



What is the reason of this problem and how can I solve it?What%26039;s the reason for this peculiar problem of my Computer%26039;s UPS?
right click %26quot; my computer%26quot; ; go to %26quot;properties%26quot; - %26gt;%26quot;advanced%26quot;

under the %26quot;startup and recovery%26quot; clik %26quot;settings%26quot;; under %26quot;system failure %26quot; uncheck %26quot;automatically restart %26quot; !!!What%26039;s the reason for this peculiar problem of my Computer%26039;s UPS?
Standby type of UPS normally switches from AC mode to inverter (battery) mode in 2 to 4 milliseconds. That interruption would hardly be noticed by the PC's power supply considering its large capacitors.

It looks like your UPS takes much more than 4 milliseconds to complete the switching such that your PC's capacitors have fully discharged before power is restored by the inverter.



If you can not get a standby power supply that is guaranteed to switch in less than 4 milliseconds, get a line interactive type. There is absolutely no switching delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment