Thursday, September 22, 2011

Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?

I have a constant supply of jet fuel and would like to put it to use. I would really like to use it in a diesel or gasoline powered vehicle. If I cannot use it in it's natural state, can I add anything to make it usable? Thank you!Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
I see all of these %26quot;no%26quot; answers and have to yell:



Yes, Yes, Yes you can safely burn jet fuel in any DIESEL engine!



I'll say it again...



Yes, Yes, Yes you can safely burn jet fuel in any DIESEL engine!

It has the same make-up as diesel, but alot cleaner... It also burns within the same temp. range as diesel. (kerosene, jet fuel,and heating oil can all be used)

The only problem is that it is illegal for no other reason than tax issues... Notice the colors... The use dyes to keep the honest people honest.



If I had a constant supply of it, I would be using it to heat my home...Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
no. you'll probably blow your car up.Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
no there is nothing you can do with it,,as far as what your wanting to do,,it is a high octane fuel,,and should only be used in what it was intended for,,i hope this helps.Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
NEVER introduce straight jet fuel into a diesel. You'll very likely damage the fuel injection system, possibly the entire engine at worst. Jet fuel (similar to 1 diesel) lacks the lubricating properties of 2 diesel. It is possible to %26quot;blend%26quot; 1 %26amp; 2 diesel for a winter blend but to outright operate on jet fuel (very similar to 1 diesel) will void a diesel engine makers warranty.



Consider the name on the fuel enough to tell you what the use is for. Jet fuel for jets, diesel for diesel engines, gas for gas engines. It is bad enough working with the correct fuel for a given engine that is contaminated with water or trash. Neither 1 or 2 diesel, nor will kerosene work well in a gas engine.



The fuels are not outright interchangeable. To attempt to do so I believe to be an exercise in ignorance. Don't go there. I've built about 500 odd diesel engines and maybe 25-30 gas engines over the years, and I've seen a lot of stuff run through them for fuel that did not work. I worked for and on Detroit Diesel, worked on Cummings Diesel and Caterpiller Diesel in a truck dealership, and all of them in off-road, hi-way and marine applications.Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
Diesels will burn anything that combusts. The question is what

will it do to the fuel system? And you will void your warranty

if you have one. There are different grades of jet fuel just

like gasoline. Some are better then others. But generally,

jet fuel does not contain the viscosity or lubricity to properly

maintain a diesel fuel system for long periods. I.E. No short

term harm, but some long term. More or less the same story

for the gas engine. But a lower risk. I have some more info

on this at work if this does not explain every question you may have. Write me at rmerrell@ford.com I can dig further.Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
you can burn jet fuel in your diesel motor but not in a gas motor. jet fuel is nothing more than a high grade kerosene. i hauled fuel for many years and at the airport in Atlanta, GA they burn jp4 (jet fuel) in all diesel powered vehicles. the reason for this is to cut down on the smoke the diesel fuel makes. even th rental car buses burn jp4. it will burn cleaner but other than that you will not see any change. if it is true jet fuel it will have a de-icier in it to stop gelling.Can I put jet fuel in a diesel automobile? If not, how can I change it to put it into a diesel/gas automobile?
Yes, I ran jet fuel in one of my diesels and it ran good,, I wish I was in your shoes and had an endless supply of it !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment