Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What's causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?

Especially in Battlefield 2142 and World of Warcraft, my computer reboots itself or locks up after about 10 minutes of game play. I've downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers, and changed out the power supply but it's still doing it. It only does it during gaming, it's fine otherwise. Any advice I can get on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.



Specs:

OS: XP Pro X64

Mobo: (Socket AM2)ABIT KN9 SLI nForce 570 SLI MCP Chipset

DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID 16x PCI-Express MBoard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,%26amp;7.1Audio

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon(TM)64 X2 4200+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology

HD: Single Hard Drive (320GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel

Video: 2 Nvidia Geforce 7950 GT 512mb 16X cards in SLI

Power supply: 800 WWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
2 gigs of ddr ram and these people are telling you it's that you dont have enough memory....oO I assure you you have plenty of memory. I would agree that you might want to have your fan's and heatsink's checked. Other than that it's a perplexing issue. Mabey have it looked at by a repair shop. Good luck!!What%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
What is wrong is you have dust on your inner computer. When you're playing a game that makes your computer work a lot and causes the computer to get hot, the fan kicks in and cools down the computer. When there is dust on the computer, it insulates this dust and makes it so hot the fan can't even cool it down, so the computer shuts down so it won't catch on fire.



Just clean the dust out and it should be fine.



Why did I get two thumbs down, that's probably the problem.What%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
memory dumpWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
it could be over heating



make sure that the fan on the CPU is attached correctly... and you should also purchase some more fans to put in the inside back and front of the case to keep the airflow moving



nice computer by the wayWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
because it takes up to much spaceWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
It either have a virus, or the memory is low. Mine usually shuts off after a period of hours, the computer have no more memories after a while, so you won't be able to open up any windows...What%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
u might have a virus try scaning ur computer for one, a free virus scanner can be foun www.avgfree.comWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
You don't have enough memory.What%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
one of two things

ur memory is not able to complete the process

or there is a virus in this gameWhat%26039;s causing my computer to reboot and lockup during gaming?
Teyana, the previous answers could all be correct with the dirty cabinet or low memory, but I suspect there's a problem with the video driver. Check to make sure you have the latest driver installed.



Good Luck
  • spots on dogs skin
  • client side script
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment