Thursday, September 22, 2011

Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?

I have XP Media Center Edition, 8600 graphics cards (SLI), Intel Core 2 CPU, 2 GB of RAM, 650 w power supply, bla, bla.

My system should be able to handle Vista.

I like to play simulators, and I want the better performance if I can get it out of Vista.

Is Vista better for gaming yet?

How are games being played on XP better or worse?

What are the risks associated with changing over to Vista?

ThanksShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Your system looks good enough to handle it, although some more RAM might help some.



The important thing to check is if your games are DirectX10 compatible. If the games you are playing support it, then the upgrade is worth it. Otherwise, save your time, the difference is not worth the hastle.



The main issue with Vista is making sure your drivers and software are supported. If there is a piece of software that you must have you better make sure it is supported by Vista before you make the switchShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
i'll say keep XP for now but here is the ups and down about it



Ups

XP doesn't use as much memory as Vista, thus, you have more ram to play your games.

Xp is more compatible with anything you may have. Vista has compatibility issues. some of your games, software and hardware might not work under vista.



Ups with Vista

Direct X10 if your video card allows it. Better graphics %26gt; games are more enjoyable that way

Better securityShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Well you have directX10 video cards, and XP only supports up to directx9, so Vista would be better for gaming in your case.



And 2 gigs of RAM is plenty to run Vista and modern games.



So yeah, get Vista.



There shouldn't be any problems (assuming you know how to install drivers) and no risks either



The compatibility problems with Vista are basically fixed. 99% of program should run fineShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
With your computer spec, it should be able to handle normal gaming with vista. But if you want high resolution and high detail......better stay with xpShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
I run vista and its lightning fast AMD X2 dual core 3800+ 3GB dual-channel DDR2. 150GB WD Raptor, 8500GT 256MB gddr3 core at 729 memory at 1620. Games just fine system very snappy!



It did start out life as a XP MCE 2005...

you know the designed for xp vista capable badgeShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Is your drive large? Say 80GB or higher free space right now? Vista needs at least 40GB just for the OS alone. (I'd split a 80~100 GB drive w/ XP already installed @ 40% XP-60%Vista). If so, go here and read up on dual booting w/ XP already installed. Then buy Vista Ultimate, not Home Premium myself, and backup all your data, then Partition your drive, and add Vista so you aren't left behind and you'll know when it's time to switch over in the future as they work out the bugs, programs, hardware drivers are avail.(just remember to boot into Vista and apply all the patches and SP's as they are released once in a while, usually on patch Tuesday each month)...But I'd personally stay w/ XP for a while as your Operating OS. (Normal choice to boot to for everyday use). Go there, pick your poison, but choose the one w/ XP installed currently instructions...Adding Vista Install. Most are step-by-step. Remember to back up your data first. Just like XP there is a software tool to use to see what hardware/software you have that will/won't work w/ Vista too. It's free, it's online, Ck it out.



Good Luck!



Need help, e-mail me @ excite.com (same name as here), I build a ton of dual/multi-boot machines.Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Your gonna have to change to Vista sometime if you want keep up with new releases that fully utilize its abilities. I recommend upgrading to 3GB of RAM if you go Vista. But XP is the better overall operating system...for now.Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
vista have direct x 10 which give you a better gaming experience. go for it if you are ready.Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
i had vista, it was ok but always crashedShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Vista sucks. Stay with XP!Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
stay with xp vista is way too confusing!!! My dad hates it and he is a computer nerd!Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Stay with XP...Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Let Vista heals its buuuuuugs first , before changing XP.Should I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Vista Sucks , i use it and i hate it but i have to use it becuse i dont have XpShould I change to Vista, or stay with XP?
Vista may look all new and nice, but XP functions a lot better. There are complications with Vista that are going to screw you over. If u have any problems, then, get a CD to boot it back up or soemthing.

No comments:

Post a Comment