Wednesday, September 14, 2011

No sound after installing a new graphic card and power supply?? O.o?

I installed a ATI HD 4890 today and also installed a 600W power supply, but then when I got home with my computer i didn't get any sound. :S

I went to HP supports %26amp; drivers (my PC is HP), and downloaded the sound driver for my PC (I haven't changed the sound card) but still no sound.

How can I fix this??

And what went wrong??No sound after installing a new graphic card and power supply?? O.o?
You may want to check that the tech who installed your video card did not accidentally shut off your audio card in the BIOS. If you had a secondary video card installed, you would have needed to shut off any on board video card or chip set. He may have accidentally shut down the on-board audio card as well.



Look in your control panel to see if the audio card is even listed. If it is not, then you need to enter the BIOS setup and check to make sure the card is enabled. IF it is listed, but with a red X, Check Mark or Exclamation mark, then right click on the listing and select uninstall. Then reboot the machine. Windows will see the hardware and ask to load the drivers. Point the install wizard to the driver set you downloaded. This should solve the problem.



good luckNo sound after installing a new graphic card and power supply?? O.o?
hiii

uninstall and reinstall again

No comments:

Post a Comment