Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I was thinking about buying a new graphics card, How make sure my computer has enough power to handle it?

I was thinking about changing my graphics card, But i know virtually nothing about how to check my power supply, etc.



Is there an easy way to tell how much power my power supply is making, and tell if its enough to hold a newer card that takes more power?



Thanks.I was thinking about buying a new graphics card, How make sure my computer has enough power to handle it?
The only way to tell is to take off the side of the computer and physically check the description on the side of the power supply. The average card should be OK with 500w or so, but check the requrements of the card to be sure. They usually come with a book, or it will be on the packaging if you got to a store, or a list of system requirements if you order online.

No comments:

Post a Comment