Thursday, September 22, 2011

My computer won't start...?

One day, my computer was going along fine, and the screensaver came up because I wasn't using it for a while. I move my mouse to get it out of the screensaver state and it stays there (it's a moving screensaver, Windows XP Home). IT stops moving, so I waited about 10 minutes and held the power button. After it turned off, I turned it back on, and nothing happened. The power comes on, but nothing appears on my screen, and the busy light stays on. I know it's not the power supply, because I changed it with a different working power supply and the same thing happened. Please let me know how I can get it working again, whether it's a motherboard malfunction or whatever. Thanks.My computer won%26039;t start...?
If the computer is a name brand and still under warranty, you should contact them and have them look at it.



If it is custom built then you should check each part by switching them out for ones that you know are working. I had a similar problem with my computer about a year ago. I ended up switching every part out including the power supply. It ended up being a defective motherboard, it might be the same for your problem. It was definitely a hassle to troubleshoot to find out that the motherboard was defective. This is why I don't build custom build my computer any more.My computer won%26039;t start...?
duhhMy computer won%26039;t start...?
Try To Contact Whoever Made Your Computer They Should be Able To HelpMy computer won%26039;t start...?
First, make sure that rocker switch over the power plug in the back is on the on position.



Then make sure your system is plugged in and the power strip is turned on.



Then make sure you haven't tripped a circuit, cuz its hot and everyone is running air conditioners, you may have to reset your power supply. Your house can still have power but the circuit on a few outlets may be down.



Finally and failing all of the above, and if you have a real pc not a laptop, make sure the computer is powered down and the cord is unplugged. Then remove all extra components (any modem, mouse, or whatever.) Just power up with only the stuff you need to run the computer. If it starts, then you can put stuff back in one by one to see whats up. (This is old advice from the time folks had all kinds of expansion boards in their pcs, but still worth a shot.)My computer won%26039;t start...?
Unplug your computer, this is called a hard shut down, let it stay unplugged for 30 seconds or so. Plug back in and reboot. I've had to do this 4 times in the past 5 months. it works every time for me.My computer won%26039;t start...?
sounds like something happened to your video card or your monitor

do you have another monitor you can you can try out to see if the same thing happens

also try opening the pc taking out the graphics card and put it back in sometimes that helps

if you have another pc around maybe you can take that graphics card out and try it in yours to see if thats the problem or not

if none of those work it could be the moboMy computer won%26039;t start...?
Hi I am sorry to hear that. Well I would be glad to reply your question well first of all i would like to say you that never every unplug the computer it makes some malfunction to the computer and ur computer may get damaged tooo to prevent go to the steps shut down the computer proprely.. okay



Now comming to your point.. when you switchon your computer press J key on your keyboard or F8 key okay .. do it contineously suddenly u will hear a beep sound.. then it will take you to come BIOS settings there u can see the option EXIT select it and click on okay thts all and ur computer starts working fine.. okay try it and let me know it work out to you or not I would be great if you could let me know okay .. till then take care byeMy computer won%26039;t start...?
I am assuming that you have some electrical activity(little lights coming on etc)If you have a startup screen(bios features memory size,motherboard specs that sort of thing,then try starting in safemode(f5).If all you get is perhaps just a blinking cursor,then pretty much your cpu is friedMy computer won%26039;t start...?
It's deadMy computer won%26039;t start...?
sounds dumb, but have you the really obvious stuff like the internal connections? (or even external one like monitors etc?)



you could try checking the PC speaker is connected, if theres no beeps, its probably a processor problem, ram or AGP/PCI-E problems give beeps, and a pc should boot fine without a hard-drive (just be of less use than normal!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment