Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is there anyway to check how much of your power supply is being used?

When I bought this power supply i thought it was borderline on power usage I need. It's a 550W. I ran a calculator program but I don't think it's very accurate. Well my specs are a Q9450 quad core 2.67ghz intel psu. SLI 9600gt's (May change soon) 8gb (4 2gb sticks) DDR2, 1 DVD Drive, and about a **** ton of internal fans. Wondering if I should upgrade. This is the link to my case http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129058Is there anyway to check how much of your power supply is being used?
To check exactly how much power your computer is using, you need one of these: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as



You plug that into the wall outlet, and plug your PSU's AC cord into that meter. The meter will show you how much power your PSU is drawing off the wall outlet.



You will be surprised just how little power your system is actually using, even when under load. I doubt your config will use more than 300W under full load.

No comments:

Post a Comment