Thursday, June 2, 2011

World of warcraft PC?

Okay, Tomorrow. I'm going to buy a new PC. This is the specs:



2.6 Gig processor

3 Gig of ram

6150 Nvidia Geforce Se



Now, I notice the graphics card is quiet fail. I'm going to upgrade to an 8800 GT. How hard is it to change the power supplies ? I've had a person tell me that ram runs on the lowest stick. For instance. I've got 3 gig total. If I have a 2 gig stick and a 1 gig stick. He said it will run on one? Bullcrap or not? if you could clear this confusion up I'd appreciate it. ThxWorld of warcraft PC?
First question was about the Graphics card and power supply required to run it. I suggest you pick a power supply that provides more than the current minimum requirements for your system. The best way to do that is to use a power supply calculator. One that’s easy to use is located at Newegg. A general rule of thumb with the 8800’s is Minimum of a 400 Watt power supply with +12 Volt current rating of 22 Amps.



http://educations.newegg.com/tool/psucal…



On the RAM question if you mix RAM sticks with different speed ratings you do force all the RAM to run at the lowest speed. The best performance setup for RAM sticks is called dual channel. It requires that you have “dual channel” RAM sticks in pairs. Most motherboards have the RAM sockets of different colors (lets say white and black). For two matching sticks of dual channel memory the sticks would go in sockets of the same color (both of the white sockets).

If you have single channel ram you can mix the color and put the sticks next to each other.

You have 1 x 2GB and 1 X 1GB non matching sticks so you are forced into single channel mode. Most new motherboards will work with only one stick installed but I’ve seen several motherboards that require memory to be added in pairs only.



I don’t know what “can support up to a 256 mb card” is referring to. Can you supply more details?



Good LuckWorld of warcraft PC?
2.6GHz processor is telling me a P4 machine.



Unless you are getting this system for $300 you might want to look elsewhere. The system %26quot;should%26quot; play WoW ok, (aside from the video card), so to answer your question it should.



Hard to say for 100% certaintly because I do not know the motherboard model.



As far as the RAM... I only seen Dell do this. Most RAM you need to have two sticks to make it work. He could be stuffing 2x1 GIG sticks, and 2x512 in it. Be cheaper to put 2x2GIG, but I am not the one building it heh.



You can find better made systems for around $700-1500 easy, and will allow you to play current and future games like Age of Conan or Warhammer Online.



Good luck though.
  • valve stem oil seals
  • home theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment