Thursday, June 2, 2011

I have a dell inspiron 9400 (Vista) laptop.Motherboard dead. Do i go with dell or replace independently? How?

I am waiting fro dell to give me a price for this replacement but i am thinking of breaking free from their evil clutches and getting my motherboard (and it looks like i need my power supply changed too if i do this) so that i can have more options should this happen again as my warrantly is expired. Is this sensible/possible/easy enough to get done? Will it destabilise my system? Should i take the opportunity to upgrade graphics card?



Thanks,



AllyI have a dell inspiron 9400 (Vista) laptop.Motherboard dead. Do i go with dell or replace independently? How?
Unless you can fit the motherboard yourself it will be almost as cheap to replace the laptop. Sorry :(



HTHI have a dell inspiron 9400 (Vista) laptop.Motherboard dead. Do i go with dell or replace independently? How?
Do a search online for Dell laptop repair. I have used several and found them faster, cheaper and just as reliable. They use mostly Dell parts. Make sure you shop around and se how long they have been in business etc,



Not sure about upgrading graphics %26quot;card%26quot; since I think it is built into the motherboard. Power supply is external but you would send it with the laptop anyway and they could check it for you. Hard to tell if it is bad since the mother board is toast. Might be cheaper to buy replacement on eBay if needed.I have a dell inspiron 9400 (Vista) laptop.Motherboard dead. Do i go with dell or replace independently? How?
I hope you're sitting down when they get back to you. If the mainboard's gone, the laptop is scrap - buy a new one. It will not be economical to repair or replace a Dell board, as only Dell will sell you a new one.

The only thing you could do is find a computer repair place that have a working used mainboard to swap.

The graphics aren't upgradeable.

Dell stuff isn't the best, so there's no guarantee that you won't have the same problem again with a new board.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment