Thursday, June 2, 2011

Old parts new computer?

I broke my computer when trying to add ram (would like to try fix it, but that's another question). I purchased a new e machine for $299 and im not sure if this is just a cheep product, but the cables and ide controls on the on the mother board are like nothing i have ever seen before.



They are smaller, and the power ports are different, They are not standard ribon cables that i am used to. it has been quite some time since i have purchased a new pc, (2005) but i did not think happed.



Is this just something e machinces has done so that i can not expand. i wanted to use my hard drive and DVD burner, but they cant match.



I could change my power supply but how do i connect them to my mother board. Old parts new computer?
It sounds like your motherboard only supports SATA drives. If so, you'll have to add an IDE controller to use your old hard drive.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/

No comments:

Post a Comment