Thursday, June 2, 2011

How do I know which graphics card works on my computer to play the latest games?

I am looking for a card that will be safe to play without having to change my power supply. I don't mind if the graphics aren't the ultimate, i just want the latest games to work, i.e. bioshock, company of heroes, games like such. Im willing to pay up to $150.



these are my computer specs: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/docum



thanks in advance :)How do I know which graphics card works on my computer to play the latest games?
sorry, but HP computers have a reputation for using tiny power supplies. (I should know since my computer is an HP, though upgraded.) Your power supply is most likely 300-350 watts, which is not adequate.

Sorry, but if you can just set your budget up $50 so you can pay $200, you can get a 400-500 watt power supply and a $150 graphics card.





Buy a $50 ATX power supply, making sure you have more than 22 amps on the 12 volt rail(s) ((It will say on the sticker on the side)

Then buy a $150 graphics card like this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as



I hope this helps.How do I know which graphics card works on my computer to play the latest games?
to question asker:

Just open up your case (most computers today have a panel designed to open on the side, try to figure out a way to slide it open, unscrew it if you have to) your power supply stats should be in a sticker pasted on the power supply.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment