Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Desktop Computer won't turn on?

My desktop computer won't turn on and I desperately need to use its floppy drive. I don't have any other computers I could put the floppy drive in (unless you count my laptop, which it wouldn't fit in as far as I could tell).



Here's what happened: I was using my desktop computer and then it suddenly turned off. It didn't say that it was shutting down, the screen just went black and it won't turn on. When I try to turn it on nothing happens, nothing at all.

The power light on the front doesn't light up. I tried changing the power supply, that didn't work. I took the whole computer apart and the motherboard light (green LED) is on. All of the wires are working and properly connected, I removed every cable and put them back in. I took the processor fan off and cleaned it (it was very dusty). Behind the fan was some metal around the edges it was dusty but it was free from dust closer to the centre.

I noticed that whenever I turn off the power supply and wait for the motherboard light to turn out, the processor's fan will turn a little bit.

What could be wrong with it? If there is more than one thing that could be wrong with it, how could I tell which one it is? I don't have another desktop computer to test the parts in. Is there anyway I could fix the desktop?My Desktop Computer won%26039;t turn on?
Sounds like it is bricked. If you were installing updates or using the regristry and there was a power loss to your computer, it may have been bricked. Bricked is when a gadget is working but doesn't turn on. I hope you have warrenty because thats the only thing you can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment